My book Lúnasa Days is now FREE today through Thursday!
This is the story of a man who casts spells—and doubts them. A reader explains:
Lunasa Days is a story about magic. But it’s a different kind of fantasy story. I love how the question of magic is treated. Actually it is more about the effect that magic and faith have on us.
The short, crisp, descriptive style makes the whole town come to life. We can feel the wind, the heat, the sweat. Even if the environment is far from perfect it feels strangely comfortable. The characters are not right or wrong but deeply human. It’s refreshing. Like you or me, they have doubts, they’re flawed, they have dreams.
Even if it is book of fiction I suspect some autobiographic themes infiltrated the book. And this is probably what makes it more realistic.
Who Loves This Book?
Will you like it? History tells me that:
- If you are a Pagan or polytheist you will like it.
- If you work magic, you will like it.
- If you’re sick of troped fantasy and want something with more nutrition, you will like it a lot.
- If you don’t like shorter books you will be left cursing my name and wishing for more.
- The writing is direct and minimal, which my Mom hates and everyone else likes.
- If you’re a lesbian, you will not like it. (Seriously, 3/3 so far! What!) I would love someone to prove me wrong.
Edit: Reader Kali J. Veach says she is a lesbian, and also says she liked my book. I have no reason to doubt either claim.
Please share and tell your friends. They like books too!
Thank you to everyone who helped make this book possible.